Material handling equipment
comes in all kinds of different forms. From the humble sack truck to motorised solutions heavy-duty lifting platforms, there's a piece of equipment for just about every conceivable set of moving/handling requirements.
Some people, though, see material handling equipment as an unnecessary expenditure - why spend money on a trolley when you could simply lift and carry those boxes yourself?
Today, we'd like to talk about the benefits of material handling equipment - and the drawbacks of making do without it.
Material handling equipment gets the job done more quickly.
Manually transporting heavy loads using your own strength alone makes for slow, laborious work. Most people aren't able to move very quickly while carrying weighty items; furthermore, a person generally can't carry as many things at once as a pallet truck or trolley. Using the right piece of material handling equipment allows you to transport your entire load swiftly and easily.
It also reduces the risk of injury!
Manual handling injuries are awfully common these days - in fact, according to the HSE's health and safety statistics
, manual handling (that is, transporting a load by your own bodily force) is the most common cause of back disorders in the workplace. Carrying heavy items by yourself can lead to chronic back pain and permanent musculoskeletal problems; you may also harm yourself and/or others if you accidentally drop the object you're carrying.
Material handling equipment may be less expensive than you think.
If you're still not convinced that you need material handling equipment to keep your operation running safely and efficiently, it's worth at least checking to see how much a product like a sack trolley will set you back. Here at PalleTrucks-Trolleys.com, we have sack trucks available to buy for as little as £30 - we also offer a variety of competitively-priced hire options if your requirements are more short-term.
Handling materials can be a big job, which is why motorised material handling equipment has been created to make this job a little easier. Here at PalleTrucks-Trolleys we provide a range of different motorised material handling equipment with a variety of different features, from fully electrical to automatic braking.
You can browse some of our range here:
If you're looking for motorised material handling equipment which can handle moving heavy loads up and down stairs, this Stairclimber 310kg Powered Sack Truck is the perfect choice for you. With a durable steel frame and an automatic braking system and folding handle, this motorised material handling equipment is able to aid moving operations efficiently.
Ideal for moving heavy loads from an office environment
, such as filing cabinets, safes or photocopiers - this motorised stair climber has an electric lifting system (with a crank drive)
installed. This is controlled by a power switch and has push buttons which allow the load to be put down in any position you require. To find out more about the specifications of this motorised material handling equipment, read more here
Fully electrical, this electric hand pallet truck is amongst our finest motorised material handling equipment. It has a maximum capacity of up to 1.5 tonne, making it ideal for moving operations around the warehouse. Included is also an emergency stop to ensure loads are safely delivered wherever they are taken.
This motorised material handling equipment has an easy-to-use lifting and lowering lever
, which means this electric hand pallet truck can perform to the optimum level. To read more about the specifications of this product, just click here.
This fully-powered electric stacker truck is also compact and lightweight, making it ideal for any operation in a warehouse environment. It also comes with a powerful battery and built-in charger, so you will never get stuck mid-way through a job. Rather than just being a simple battery, this battery also has a discharge indicator which has an automatic lift cut-off function to maintain the quality of your battery.
On this motorised material handling equipment, you can lift up to one 1 tonne
, making it widely suitable for any moving operation. You can find out more about this 1 tonne electric stackers specifications by clicking here.
To browse more of our motorised material handling equipment, just click here or to discuss these products in more detail you can contact us here. We look forward to hearing from you.
Whether your operation is large or small, it is highly important that you choose a reliable material handling specialist to provide the equipment you need. Whether you're looking for a single stacking lift or a set of pallet trucks, you need to be sure that you are receiving the best quality and value for money at all times.
To help you choose a material handling equipment supplier that delivers great products and a reliable service, here are a few things that you should be looking for:
- Experience: When it comes to choosing the best products and providing a wealth of knowledge, nothing beats years of experience in the industry, along with holding established relationships with the most trusted and recognised manufacturers.
- True Value for Money: Getting the best product for the best price should always be a priority, which is why it's important to use a material handling equipment supplier that understands the industry and is able to provide high quality products with genuine discounts and price breaks. Don't be swayed by unusually low prices that seem too good to be true - you'll almost certainly be sacrificing the quality and longevity of the product, leading to a greater loss over time when you factor in the cost of replacing these items.
- Customer Support & Care: Look for a supplier that can provide you with support all the way through the purchase or hire process, from product selection to after care and maintenance. Ensure that you select a company with great customer support services in place, so that you can be confident in your investment from start to finish.
- Great Product Variety: When it comes to material handling equipment, you need a product that meets the demand of your load and environment correctly, not simply a one-size-fits-all item. This means that you should choose a supplier that a offers a suitable variety of products, which are able to cope with a range of demands and fit the specific challenges of your operation effectively.
- Efficient Delivery Methods: Whether you're looking to make a first-time investment, or replace your existing material handling gear, you'll be eager to ensure that your order is delivered efficiently, without unnecessary hassle. This is why you should choose a supplier with their own vehicles and multiple locations, so you can be sure that your order will reach you quickly, wherever you may be in the country.
PalleTrucks-Trolleys can offer all of these benefits and more! To find out why we're the best material handling equipment supplier, order with us today!
When ordering a pallet truck, there are a number of things that you should consider before placing your order. Naturally, value for money will always place highly on your list of priorities, but this should also be carefully considered in order to assess whether or not this is true value for money.
A high-quality pallet truck should be robust, highly functional and safe to use, providing a lasting improvement to the ease and security of your operations. Some cheap pallet trucks may appear to offer savings in the short term but will end up costing you more in the long run, due to their poor reliability and longevity. As is the case with most products, if a price seems too good to be true, then it almost certainly is.
Here at PalleTrucks-Trolleys, it is our priority to provide affordable pallet trucks for our customers, alongside upholding a commitment to stocking high-quality products. In our pallet truck range, we have a fantastic selection of items to suit a variety of budgets and operational demands, whether you're looking for cheap pallet trucks for everyday use, or an electric pallet truck for heavy duty applications.
Some of the benefits of ordering with us include:
- The ability to hire or purchase depending on your requirements and budget.
- Products come tested and assembled with a 24-month warranty.
- After sales support and servicing available.
- Variety of pallet truck styles available for all sorts of loads and environments.
- Fast delivery with depots across the UK.
See our full range of pallet trucks here!
When it comes to jack pallet trucks (also known as pallet trucks, pallet pump trucks or pump trucks) our wide range here at Palletrucks-Trolleys is sure to fit your every need. Pallet trucks are our specialty and we know how essential this equipment is to the many companies dealing with heavy loads day in and day out. The key purpose of jack pallet trucks is to move heavy and light weight pallets around the warehouse with ease.This makes them a vital part of any working environment that needs to move loads frequently.
Our range includes everything from mini jack pallet trucks all the way to rough terrain jack pallet trucks. We also stock wide jack pallet trucks and low profile pallet trucks to accommodate any need you may have. Here's a look at some of our range:
Fork Width: 450mm
Fork Length: 800mm
Mini Hand Jack Pallet Pump Trucks are ideal for any working environment due to their smaller nature but high capacity lifting ability. These mini jack pallet pump trucks won't take up too much room in your workspace and will still be able to lift heavy loads with ease.
Fork Width: 540mm
Fork Length: 2500mm
If you're looking to move all of your pallets in one go, an extra long hand jack pallet truck might be the perfect option for you. It's 2500mm fork length means that extended size loads can be moved easily without having to make too many trips.
Fork Width: Adjustable (190 to 590mm)
In working environments which have rough terrains such as garden centres or work sites, our rough terrain hand jack pallet truck will help solve all of your problems. If you're tired of your jack pallet trucks getting stuck or dropping items while you try to take your pallets from A to B, this rough terrain hand jack pallet trucks robust metal frame will ensure these issues are put in the past.
To browse more of our comprehensive jack pallet truck range, just click here!