Whether you work in construction, agriculture, logistics, or any other environment which commonly involves manual lifting, you are likely to be be exposed to a number of hazards, if these operations are not completed correctly.
Be it a cumulative disorder caused by continuous stress to a particular part of the body, or an accident due to the conditions of the handling; manual lifting can present a whole host of serious health and safety risks, which can be prevented if the proper steps are taken.
The Negative Effects of Manual Handling and Lifting
Manual lifting can cause a variety of injuries and irreversible health conditions, including:
- Fractures, open wounds and other injuries.
- Musculoskeletal system damage to the bones, muscles, ligaments, joints, serves etc.
- Back disorders caused by bending and turning
Where do the Hazards Originate?
Incidents and strain from manual lifting can be caused by:
- Attempting to lift objects that are too large or too heavy.
- Lifting objects that are difficult to grasp.
- Attempting to manoeuvre unbalanced objects.
- Stretching for objects that are difficult to reach.
- Strenuous lifting tasks carried out over a long period of time.
- Lifting and handling in awkward positions.
- Working in confined areas without adequate space.
- Working on uneven/unstable surfaces.
- Carrying out operations in poorly lit environments.
- Lack of experience and training.
- Lack of suitable protective equipment.
How Can These Dangers Be Prevented?
In order to prevent health and safety hazards caused by manual handling and lifting, employers and workers should do the following:
- Educate - Ensure that those involved in lifting procedures are aware of the risks, and have proper training in using any required equipment.
- Observe and Inform - Set out best practices for completing tasks, and ensure that they followed correctly.
- Eliminate Manual Handling - Replace manual operations with suitable mechanical equipment, such as lift trucks, electric hoists and material lifts.
- Use The Correct Devices - Match lifting tables, pallet trucks and other lifting aids to the task correctly - always pay attention to weight limits, and other important operational factors.
To discover how our selection of material handling equipment could improve the safety and efficiency of your operations, click here to view our full range.
We sell plenty of great Load Moving Equipment here at PalleTrucks-Trolleys.com, with each product serving a different purpose and all of them manufactured to the highest standard of quality. Most of our load moving equipment is available both to hire and to buy, so whatever your requirements, we can provide a solution.
Here is a selection of the load moving equipment we supply here at PalleTrucks-Trolleys.com:
We all know how much of a struggle it is to move furniture, but with these furniture movers, moving furniture is a breeze! Choose from either the 600KG Manual Furniture mover
- perfect for lifting weighty objects - or the more professional 1800kg Hydraulic Furniture Mover
, which is ideal for transporting the heaviest of items. Both our furniture movers are easy to manoeuvre and come fully tested with a 1 year warranty.
We have a fantastic selection of machinery moving skates, ranging from 8,16,24 and 36 tonne safe working load. Each of our skate sets come with one steering unit and two trailing skates and are all equipped with high quality polyurethane wheels which prevent damage to your floors. These machinery skates are perfect for heavy duty / Industrial use and all come with a 1 year warranty.
Caterpillar skates are the perfect option for transporting heavy items over good firm floors. We have a range of weight load limits available, and each set comes with a large selection of turntables, roller skates, stabilising plates, and more.
The Pallift Self-Lifting Stacker is an innovation in the world of material handling, thanks to it's incredible versatility and quality. From its easy-to-use functions to it's high level of safety, the Self-Lifting Stacker has everything you need to transport a variety of materials, eliminating the need to swap between products. All the work of a tail lift, pallet truck, stacker, and more can be completed with this impressive, multi-use product, making it a fantastic investment for any business.
In addition to these benefits, the Self-Lifting stacker is also ideal for operations that require frequent travel, and is easy to lift onto your vehicle of choice. The Stacker can even be transported when it has a load on its forks, making the loading and unloading process almost effortless.
Here are some more detailed specifications about the Self-Lifting Stacker:
- Comes with 12V/4RAh maintenance-free battery, for reliable performance.
- The high performance pump unit provides a secure and speedy lift, without excessive noise.
- Comes complete with a built-in charger for easy charging between uses.
- Secure breaks provide safety for the stacker when travelling.
- Available both to buy and hire, depending on the needs of your operation.
Watch the Amazing Stacker in Action Here!
Given the name of our website, it should come as no surprise to learn that we stock a very large range of pallet trucks here at PalleTrucks-Trolleys.com
. All of our pallet truck products are available both to hire and to buy, so whatever your requirements, we can provide a suitable solution.
Here are just a few of the different pallet trucks we're able to supply:
This cost-effective pallet truck comes with a hydraulic pump unit and a triple-action control handle for lifting, lowering and steering. Similar units are available for manoeuvring loads of up to 2500kg
Minimal floor clearance makes this pallet truck ideal for lifting low items that other trucks might be unable to get underneath.
An economical electric truck with a compact, lightweight design. Includes electric lifting/lowering function.
This pallet truck handily includes a built-in weighing scale that tells you the exact weight of the load you're moving.
These are just a few examples of what we have to offer - click here to browse our full range of pallet pump trucks!
We sell a lot of different sack trucks
here at PalleTrucks-Trolleys.com, and while they're all manufactured to a very high standard, each one has unique features that are better suited to certain sets of tasks than to others.
If you're not sure which sack truck is the best match for your requirements, here's a quick rundown of the available options:
A cost-effective option that's ideal for light use.
With a higher back and an increased WLL (Weight Load Limit), this sack truck is easy to manoeuvre even when fully-loaded.
Another high-back truck with an even greater WLL. This robust model has a P-handle that's designed for easy pushing and pulling.
This sack truck can be folded into three different positions to suit your ever-changing load moving needs.
This very clever sack truck is able to go up and down stairs, meaning that staircases and other obstacles won't come between your load and its destination!